Military Options

Jan 27, 2014

If you’re a service member struggling with your mortgage payment, you may qualify for a special military hardship.

Military Hardship may be an option if:

  • You've received Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders
  • You're in active duty service (or just left)
  • You (or your spouse) have been injured in active duty

Additionally, military service members have protection against foreclosure for 12 months following termination of active duty.

See our military help in action with this video, and if Fannie Mae owns your loan, contact a Fannie Mae Mortgage Help Center Network Partner to get personal one-on-one assistance from a Fannie Mae housing advisor. You can also visit Army OneSource or Military OneSource for housing and other assistance.

  • Beware of Scams

    Learn how to identify and avoid scam artists who promise immediate relief from foreclosure.

    Find out more »
  • FAQs

    Find the answers to common questions concerning your mortgage and the various options to avoid foreclosure.

    Find out more »
  • Glossary

    Visit our glossary of key terms to increase your understanding of the foreclosure options available.

    Find out more »