"I want to better understand reverse mortgages. Where can I get additional trustworthy information?"
Check out these sections and articles for additional information related to reverse mortgages:
- Responsibilities With a Reverse Mortgage is an article published by Fannie Mae with helpful information for seniors (and their loved ones) about reverse mortgages.
- Seniors who reside in Florida and are struggling with property-related expenses may receive assistance from Florida's Elderly Mortgage Assistance Program (ELMORE).
- Michigan seniors who are struggling to fulfill the requirements of their reverse mortgage may receive assistance from Michigan’s Step Forward Program.
Other Websites and Links
The websites listed below are also helpful sources to find information about reverse mortgages:
- AARP® website and be sure to read AARP’s guide to reverse mortgages.
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD) website.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) website and search for “reverse mortgages.”
- National Council on Aging (NCOA) website and be sure to read NCOA’s Use Your Home to Stay at Home™ guide about reverse mortgages.